Hi,

_Observations:_

While going through the design documentation I noticed a minor error of duplication in points 4 and 5 here https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#design_compactionguarantees. When I looked up the files in git, I see the duplication in all of the below files in kafka-site repo

https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/blob/asf-site/081/design.html
https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/blob/asf-site/082/design.html
https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/blob/asf-site/090/design.html
https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/blob/asf-site/0100/design.html
https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/blob/asf-site/0101/design.html

And also in the following branches under kafka repo
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/0.9.0/docs/design.html
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/0.10.0/docs/design.html
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/0.10.1/docs/design.html

But the same is corrected under trunk here https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/docs/design.html

_Questions:_

1. If I have to provide a patch/PR to cleanup this documentation error,
   should I provide the fix in files corresponding to all the versions
   under kafka-site?
2. When the next release happens, as I understand, a new directory will
   be added under kafka-site:asf-site. Since this would come from
   kafka:trunk it will have the correction. Is my understanding correct?
3. As I understand, older branches under kafka repo are release
   branches, and hence we should not make any new changes under the
   docs directory on these branches. Is my understanding correct?
4. As I understand, this fix does not require a JIRA issue to be
   logged. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance for the clarifications.

-dhwani

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems