Hi,

I am trying to setup the eclipse dev environment on trunk. I have followed the instructions given here
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/README.md
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Developer+Setup#DeveloperSetup-Eclipsesetup

After I run ./gradlew eclipse in the command line followed by "Import existing projects into workspace" in Eclipse, I am able to see the projects. But I see the following build errors in Eclipse.

Resource: Consumer.java
Location: line 19
Type: Java Problem

There are other errors as well but they are of a similar nature and others dependent on them. I can see the class ShutdownableThread in core and core is compiled properly. The examples project has core setup as dependency project which seems correct. Also the command line build works just fine.

Also I don't see any .class files generated under core/bin. They are present under core/build/classes/main/ though. Is this due to some kind of mismatch between the command line build and Eclipse build?

Could you please suggest what am I missing here.

Environment:
- Eclipse Neon
- Java 1.7
- Scala 2.10.6
- CentOS 6.8

thanks
-dhwani

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems