The concern is maintaining a potentially unbounded list of add-ons as
part of Kafka.

I think the pros/cons were well discussed, I am happy we added a
provision specifically excluding transformations that depend on
specific data sources, and I'd much rather get SMT than continuing to
debate how many transformations could possibly exist.

--
Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent