Hi, Dong,

Thanks for the KIP. Looks good overall. Just a few more comments.

1."Note that the way broker handles PurgeRequest is similar to how it
handles ProduceRequest with ack = -1 and isr=all_replicas". It seems that
the implementation is a bit different. In this KIP, we wait for all
replicas. But in producer, acks=all means waiting for all in-sync replicas.

2. Could you describe the behavior when the specified offsetToPurge is (a)
smaller than lowWatermark, (b) larger than highWatermark, but smaller than
log end offset, (c) larger than log end offset?

3. In the ListOffsetRequest, will lowWatermark be returned when the
smallest_offset option is used?

Thanks,

Jun