I'm not sure what "official image" means here...

An image that gets tested by the Apache Kafka system tests? An image
that the PMC votes on as part of the release process? Wouldn't the
Apache official image need to be hosted on the Apache repository?

I'd love to know more on how other Apache projects manage an official
docker image.

Gwen

--
Gwen Shapira