Hi Chris,
          Thanks for the KIP. Could you also add details/use-cases for
having X509 certificate based authentication in the context SASL_SSL.
The reason that we disabled the SSL auth for SASL_SSL is the intent behind
using SASL auth over SSL encryption and user  can enforce a
role based auth and have wire encryption for data transfer. If users just
want SSL based authentication they have option to do so via SSL.
I think we are providing too many options of authentication in SASL_SSL
mode and can be bit confusing.

Thanks,
Harsha

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 11:23 AM Christopher Shannon <