It seems I cannot add comment on the doc.

In the section around the message protocol.

It has stated:

Message =>
Length => uintVar
Attributes => int8
TimestampDelta => intVar
OffsetDelta => uintVar
KeyLen => uintVar [OPTIONAL]
Key => data [OPTIONAL]
Value => data [OPTIONAL]

Should it not be: (added missing value len)

Message =>
Length => uintVar
Attributes => int8
TimestampDelta => intVar
OffsetDelta => uintVar
KeyLen => uintVar [OPTIONAL]
Key => data [OPTIONAL]
ValueLen => uintVar [OPTIONAL]
Value => data [OPTIONAL]

On 21/02/2017, 23:07, "Joel Koshy" <jjkosh...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I left a couple of comments/questions directly on the google-doc

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Jqy_GjUGtdXJK94XGsEIK7CP1SnQGdp2eF0wSw9ra8>
    - I found it much more tractable for a proposal of this size to discuss in
    context within the doc. The permissions on the doc don't let everyone view
    comments, so if there are any material changes that come out of the
    discussions in those comment threads we can summarize here.

    Thanks,

    Joel

    On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Becket Qin <becket....@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Thanks for the explanation, Guozhang. That makes sense.
    >
    > On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Guozhang Wang <wangg...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks Becket.
    > >
    > > Actually sequence is associated with a message, not a message set. For
    > > example if a message set sent by producer contains 100 messages, and the
    > > first message's sequence is 5, then the last message's sequence number
    > > would be 104, and the next message set's first sequence is expected to
be
    > > 105.
    > >

    > > Guozhang
    > >

    > > On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Becket Qin <becket....@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > > +1. Thanks for the great work on the KIP!
    > > >
    > > > I have only one minor question, in the wiki (and the doc) the new
    > message
    > > > set format has a "FirstSequence" field, should it just be "Sequence"
if
    > > the
    > > > sequence is always associated with a message set?

    > value
    > > > and
    > > protocols

    > > apu...@confluent.io

    > configurable
    > > or
    > > > time,

    > > much

    > > copies
    > most
    > > > 60
    > leader

    > config
    > > > in
    > one
    > > > with

    > the
    > > never
    > will
    > > > be
    > last
    > the
    > > > carry
    > does.
    > this
    > along
    > > > with

    > > for
    > > not
    > > > others
    > > replying
    > > > email
    > > > the
    > given
    > > > nor
    > Hill,
and
    > > IG
    > by
    > > > the
    > > > >

    > > --
    > > -- Guozhang

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the
use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this
message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this
email or by telephone (+44(020 7896 0011) and then delete the email and any
copies of it. Opinions, conclusion (etc) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it. IG is a trading name of IG Markets Limited (a company registered in England
and Wales, company number 04008957) and IG Index Limited (a company registered
in England and Wales, company number 01190902). Registered address at Cannon