@Vahid: make sense to add "new lag" info IMO, I will update the KIP.

@Becket:

1. About deleting, I think ConsumerGroupCommand already has an option to
delete Group information by topic. From delete docs: "Pass in groups to
delete topic partition offsets and ownership information over the entire
consumer group.". Let me know if this solves is enough for your case, of we
can consider to add something to the Reset Offsets tool.

2. Yes, for instance in the case of active consumers, the tool will
validate that there are no active consumers to avoid race conditions. I
have added some code snippets to the wiki, thanks for pointing that out.