I would also be interested in this. (etcd)

Am 02.03.2017 um 12:24 schrieb Molnár Bálint:
Hi,

I was wonderring to refactor Kafka core code to be able to use different
Coordination Service than Zookeeper. I know I will need to create a KIP for
that.
I think the first part of this task to refactor the classes which are using
the ZkUtil methods to use a zookeeper independent trait instead.
After that I think it will be possible to replace Zookeeper with
etcd/Consul or even with a Raft implementation.
Even without additional implementation it would help to test the code
without starting an embedded zookeeper.
I have already started to implement a POC and it seems doable, even if it's
not a small patch.

Balint

--
Alexander Binzberger
System Designer - WINGcon AG

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Langenargen
Registergericht: ULM, HRB 734260
USt-Id.: DE232931635, WEEE-Id.: DE74015979
Vorstand: thomasThomas Ehrle (Vorsitz), Fritz R. Paul (Stellvertreter), Tobias
Treß
Aufsichtsrat: Jürgen Maucher (Vorsitz), Andreas Paul (Stellvertreter), Martin
Sauter