Thanks Colin. It seems like you replied to me accidentally instead of the
list, so leaving your reply below for the benefit of others.

Regarding the disadvantage of having to hunt through the request class,
don't people have to do that anyway with the Options classes?

Aside from that, it would be great if the KIP included more detailed
javadoc for each method including information about potential exceptions.
I'm particularly interested in what a user can expect if a create topics
succeeds versus what they can expect if a timeout exception is thrown. It
would be good to consider partial failures as well.

Ismael