Hi, Colin,

Thanks for the KIP. Looks good overall. A few comments below.

1. Sometimes we return
    CompletableFuture<Map<String, TopicDescription>>
and some other times we return
    Map<String, CompletableFuture<Void>>
, which doesn't seem consistent. Is that intentional?

2. We support batching in CreateTopic/DeleteTopic/ListTopic, but not in
DescribeTopic. Should we add batching in DescribeTopic to make it
consistent? Also, both ListTopic and DescribeTopic seem to return
TopicDescription. Could we just consolidate the two by just keeping
DescribeTopic?

3. listNodes: At the request protocol level, we can get things like
clusterId and controller broker id. Both are useful info from an admin
perspective, but are not exposed through the api. Perhaps we can generalize
listNodes to sth like describeCluster so that we can return those
additional info as well?

4. Configurations: To support security, we will need to include all
properties related to SSL and SASL.

Thanks,

Jun