Hi Jun,

Thanks the comments I’ve updated the KIP a little where agreement.

My comments:

1) Good point, removed from the interface. See updated KIP
2) I think, Radai’s suggested header(String key) is a cleaner method name, but
happy to change if community believe lastHeader is better. I’ll keep Radai’s
suggested name for now.
3) Agreed, added IllegalStateException to interface. See updated KIP
4) I think for now intent would be to simply instantiate a new object from the
provided implementation that would exist and implement the Header interface
e.g. I would expect user to invoke “new HeaderRecord(String key, byte[] value)”
for now.
5) Agreed, we should add later if useful. I think as per other arguments of
trying to keep the methods for now limited as easier to add new methods later,
but cannot take away, as such I think we should avoid adding this, as you note
it is still possible with the current suggested api.

Cheers
Mike

On 17/03/2017, 13:47, "isma...@gmail.com on behalf of Ismael Juma"