Hi All,

This is all committed now.

There are a few minor changes that had to be made, due to Java 8 features not
yet able to use, awaiting KIP-118.

• Header static interface method: “static Header create(String key, byte[]
value)”
   o This required java8 as interface static method
   o Jason proposed a replacement solution which we have implemented - new
method in Headers class: “Headers add(String key, byte[] value)”
   o I think we will look to keep this, as after implementing it seems a
cleaner solution anyhow. (KIP will be updated to reflect)
   o New method, serves same purpose and allows users to create a new header,
without the need to have concrete implementation exposed

• Added ExtendedSerializer/Deserializer instead of adding new default method to
existing interfaces
   o Work around due to lack of Java8
   o We hope to remove this new class’s as soon as KIP-118 is implemented.

There is some outstanding work noted to be done, this will be in a subsequent
PR.
• If KIP-118 completes - revert back in Java 8 optimisations and remove some of
the workarounds mentioned above.
• Update upgrade.html docs

I would like to take the opportunity, to thank everyone who participated in the
KIP discussion and vote over the past 7 months. And in particular I would like
to thank

Jason especially for taking on the protocol changes for me ☺
Radai, Jiangjie, Ismael as well for the time and effort in reviewing the code
and providing vital feedback.

Lastly a plug for my next KIP ;) – please see KIP-145.

Thanks to all,
Mike