Ismael,

Yes, agree. My concern was that a connection can be shutdown uncleanly at
any time. If a client is in the middle of a request, then it times out
after min(request.timeout.ms, tcp-timeout). If we add another config option
connect.timeout.ms, then we will sometimes wait for min(connect.timeout.ms,
tcp-timeout) and sometimes for min(request.timeout.ms, tcp-timeout), depending
on connection state. One config option feels neater to me.