It seems like, to make it really secure, we need the enforcement to be
done at the ZooKepeer level.  Any broker or client-side configuration
can just be ignored by a malicious client.  Do we have documentation or
code that configures ZK to prevent unprivileged users from modifying the
topic configurations?

best,
Colin