Hey Vahid,

Thanks for the KIP. Looks like a nice improvement. One minor suggestion:
Since consumers can be subscribed to a large number of topics, I'm
wondering if it might be better to leave out the topic list from the
"describe members" option so that the output remains concise? Perhaps we
could list only the number of assigned partitions so that users have an
easy way to check the overall balance and we can add a separate "describe
topics" switch to see the topic breakdown?

As for the default --describe, it seems safest to keep its current
behavior. In other words, we should list all partitions which have
committed offsets for the group even if the partition is not currently
assigned. However, I don't think we need to try and fit members without any
assigned partitions into that view.

Thanks,
Jason