Not necessarily.

I would avoid the term "reimplemented". Btw, Apache Storm is not also the
best (streaming) system that can utilize the network and it does not
support runtime scale in/out (at least by design).
So, can streams preserve its current selling points (ex:dynamicity) while
introducing a new communication protocol, which will include the current
one (streams-kafka-streams) and the new one (streams-streams)? Are there
plans over this?