Hey Dan,

Thanks for the KIP. Can you help me understand the motivation by providing
a use-case that can not be easily completed without this KIP?

It seems that most users will simply create the topic without worrying
about the default configs. If a user has specific requirement for the
default configs, he/she can use AdminClient.describeConfigs() and
AdminClient.alterConfigs() after the topic has been created. This seems to
work well. Did I miss something?

Thanks,
Dong