Hey Vahid,

Thanks for the KIP. If I understand the you correctly, you want client to
be able to list all the groups for which it currently has the describe
access.

As of now the ListGroupRequest does not allow user to specify the group. If
user does not have the Describe Cluster access, ListGroupResponse will
return error. This KIP proposes to change the semantics of
ListGroupsResponse such that ListGroupResponse will return the subset of
groups for which the user has the Describe access. And if the does not have
Describe access to any group, ListGroupResponse will return an empty list
with no error.

In my opinion this changes the semantics of ListGroupsResponse in a
counter-intuitive way. Usually we use the ACL to determine whether the
operation on the specified object can be performed or not. The response
should provide either an error message or the result for the specified
object. I couldn't remember a case where the ACL is used to filter the
result without providing error. Do you think this could be a problem for
this KIP?

Thanks,
Dong