Yeah that makes sense, again I'm just making sure we understand all the
scenarios and what to expect.

I agree that if, more generally speaking, say users have only consumed to
offset 8, and then call seek(16) to "jump" to a further position, then she
needs to be aware that OORE maybe thrown and she needs to handle it or rely
on reset policy which should not surprise her.

I'm +1 on the KIP.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang