Dong,

thanks a lot for the KIP!

Can you elaborate how this would work for compacted topics? If it does
not work for compacted topics, I think Streams API cannot allow to scale
input topics.

This question seems to be particularly interesting for deleting
partitions: assume that a key is never (or for a very long time)
updated, a partition cannot be deleted.

-Matthias