+1 non binding.

downloaded kafka_2.11-1.1.0.tgz artifact and upgraded in place including
message format / broker protocol in our smallest non-production
environment. Upgraded path has been 1.0.1->1.1.0-rc3->1.1.0-rc4 and it has
run fine on rc4 for 2 days.  We have a mixture of 0.9 through to 1.0.1
clients connection. It's a relatively quiet cluster (200 messages / s) but
there are no noticeable issues from before and after the upgrades and the
main pipeline that mirrors mysql->kafka->fanout topics continues to work
smoothly.

--

Brett Rann

Senior DevOps Engineer

Zendesk International Ltd

395 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia

Mobile: +61 (0) 418 826 017