Matthias, thanks for sharing your opinions in the inheritance protocol of
the record context. I'm thinking maybe we should make this discussion as a
separate KIP by itself? If yes, then KIP-244's scope would be smaller, and
within KIP-244 we can have a simple inheritance rule that setting it to
null when 1) going through stateful operators and 2) sending to any topics.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang