Thanks for the KIP, +1 (binding). A few suggestions:

1. We normally include the time unit in configs. Not sure if we do it for
command line parameters though, so can we please verify and make it
consistent?
2. The KIP mentions --polling-loop-timeout and --timeout. Which is it?
3. Can we include the description of the new parameter in the KIP? In the
PR it says "Consumer polling loop timeout", but I think this is a bit
unclear. What are we actually measuring here?

Ismael