Hi there,

Over at Comcast we just open sourced a Kafka source connector for Kafka
Connect. (https://github.com/Comcast/MirrorTool-for-Kafka-Connect) We’ve used
this as an alternative to MirrorMaker on a couple of projects.
While discussing open sourcing the project, we realized that the functionality
is similar to a connector that was suggested in the original Kafka Connect KIP
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58851767#KIP-26-AddKafkaConnectframeworkfordataimport/export-MirrorMaker).

Given this - we we’re wondering if there would be interest from the Kafka
community in adopting the connector into the main Kafka codebase. We’d be more
than happy to donate the code and help get it integrated.

Cheers,
Rhys McCaig