Matthias

Thanks for the links. I have seen those before but I will dig deeper into
them, especially around the CombinedKey and the flush + cache + rangescan
functionality. I believe Jan had a PR with many of the changes in there,
perhaps I can use some of the work that was done there to help leverage a
similar (or identical) design.

I will certainly be able to make a PoC before going to vote on this one. It
is a larger change and I suspect that we will need to review some of the
finer points to ensure that the design is still suitable and sufficiently
performant. I'll post back when I have something more concrete, but in the
meantime I welcome all other concerns and comments.

Thanks