My only concern with this proposal is that it adds yet another way to
specify configuration properties, making it a bit more difficult to track
down how/whether a configuration property has been set. Configuring Kafka
Connect is already too challenging, so we need to be very clear that this
additional complexity is worth the price. IMO the KIP should explicitly
address this.

Also, any reason why this KIP singles out the Connect distributed worker
and doesn't address the standalone worker?

And finally, the KIP does not clearly explain the command line behavior. It
simply says:

    An additional command-line argument, --override key=value, will be
accepted for ConnectDistributed.

which makes it seem like only a single key-value pair can be specified.
Clearly this is not the intention, but is `--override` used once and
followed by multiple key-value pairs, or is `--override` required for every
key-value pair? Does it need to follow the property file reference, or can
the overrides precede or be interspersed around the property file
reference? Does this happen to exactly match the broker command line
behavior? The KIP should be very clear about the behavior and should fully
specify all of these details.

Best regards,

Randall