Hi Mayuresh/Joel,

Using the request channel as a dequeue was bright up some time ago when we
initially thinking of prioritizing the request. The concern was that the
controller requests are supposed to be processed in order. If we can ensure
that there is one controller request in the request channel, the order is
not a concern. But in cases that there are more than one controller request
inserted into the queue, the controller request order may change and cause
problem. For example, think about the following sequence:
1. Controller successfully sent a request R1 to broker
2. Broker receives R1 and put the request to the head of the request queue.
3. Controller to broker connection failed and the controller reconnected to
the broker.
4. Controller sends a request R2 to the broker
5. Broker receives R2 and add it to the head of the request queue.
Now on the broker side, R2 will be processed before R1 is processed, which
may cause problem.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin