Hello Adam,

Thanks for your interests in working on Kafka Streams / KSQL potential
performance improvements (I thought the non-key joining will take most of
your time :P )

Currently there is no published performance numbers for latest versions of
Streams AFAIK. Personally I ran the Streams SimpleBenchmark (
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/tests/
kafkatest/benchmarks/streams/streams_simple_benchmark_test.py) and profile
it if necessary trying to figure out the performance bottlenecks. If you
are interested you can follow similar approaches, there are also some JIRAs
open for potential performance improvements as well:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%
3D%20KAFKA%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%
20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)%
20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22streams%22%20%20AND%
20labels%20%3D%20performance%20%20

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang