Hi,

As pointed out in this comment #5539 (comment)
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/5539#discussion_r212380648> "This
class was already defaulted to public visibility, and we can't retract it
now, without a KIP.", the object FunctionConversions is only of internal
use and therefore should be private to the lib only so that we can do
changes without going through KIP like this one.

Please make your vote.