Why do we not deprecate the class? Seems like a breaking change to me --
at least technically. Are we 100% sure that nobody is using it and we
don't break someone's application (I don't think we can ever be 100% sure).

I would prefer to deprecate the class and make it private (ie, remove
from public API) in 3.0 release. Or do you see a mayor disadvantage in
following this pattern that is usually applied?

-Matthias