Hey Rajini,

good work on the KIP!

I'm personally not thrilled with piggy-backing the authorized_operations on
existing APIs,
it seems like a mix of concerns.
Since there is already the notion of generic ResourceType,ResourceName
tuples in the Admin API, I believe it would make more sense to add a new
Admin
protocol request to retrieve this information, which gives consistency and
future-proofness when
adding new resource types.

It would be useful to see, or link to, the full list of operations.

Small nit: the MetadataResponse is missing the per-topic
authorized_operation in the field listing,
or if I'm confusing it with the cluster level authorized_operation?

Thanks,
Magnus

Den ons 13 feb. 2019 kl 11:17 skrev Satish Duggana <satish.dugg...@gmail.com