Hello,

We have a requirement where, based on business requirementes, we need to
publish data only for a specific set of clients. For example, an invoice
update shouldn't go to all clients, only the specific client. But a company
remittance info should be published to all clients. Also, in some cases, a
specific client changes some contract info which is published in a P2P
fashion. We have about 8k clients.

What is the ideal way to control this flow?

1) specific topic per client
2) Some form of ACL?

For option 1, we are not 100% sure if Kafka can handle 8k topics (or, the
resource issues for that matter). Has anyone solved a similar business
problem? If so, would you mind sharing your solution?

Btw, we are not using stream platform, it's simply pub-sub. Because we
don't need real-time aggregation of various items. For us, it's key that
the synchronisation occurs, and has "exactly-once" semantics.