Hi Dong!

Thanks for the feedback!

You bring up a good point in that the AtMinIsr metric cannot be used to
identify failure in the mentioned scenarios. I admit the motivation section
placed too much emphasis on "identifying failure".

I have modified the KIP to reflect the implementation as the AtMinIsr
metric is intended to serve as a warning as one more failure to a partition
AtMinIsr will cause producers with acks=ALL configured to fail. It has an
additional benefit when minIsr=1 as it will warn us that the entire
partition is at risk of going offline, but that is more of a side effect
that only applies in that scenario (minIsr=1).

Regards,
Kevin