I just realized that setting the client.id on the will now trigger any
quota restrictions (
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#design_quotasconfig) on the broker.
It seems like this PR will enforce quota policies that will either require
admins to set limits for each task (since the chosen format is
connector-*-id), or fallback to some default value.

Maybe we should mention this in the backward compatibility section for the
KIP. At the same time, since there is no way atm to turn off this feature,
should this feature be merged and released in the upcoming v2.3? This is
something the committers can comment better.

Best,