To add more details regarding the backward compatibility; I have generally
seen users trying to set "producer.request.timeout.ms
<http://producer.override.request.timeout.ms/>" in their connector config
under the assumption that it will get used and would never come back to
remove it. The initial intent of the KIP was to use the same prefix but
since that potentially collided with MM2 configs, we agreed to use a
different prefix "producer.override". With this context, I think the
likelihood of someone using this is very small and should generally not be
a problem.