Hi Carlos,

It's great that you want to contribute to Apache Kafka.

Have you already read the instructions on how to contribute to Kafka?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Contributing+Code+Changes
https://kafka.apache.org/contributing.html

To assign Jira tickets to yourself, you need to be added to the list
of contributors. For that you need to sign-up to the Apache Jira
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/KAFKA) and choose a Jira-ID
for yourself. Then you send an e-mail that contains the Jira-ID and a
request to be added to the list of contributors to this mailing list
(you can find examples in the list archives). Once a project committer
has added you to the list of contributors, you can assign tickets to
yourself.

Best,
Bruno