This KIP is inline with KIP-334
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=87297793>
in which it's proposed that the consumer will throw FaultyRecordException
with corrupt/in-operative record offset and topic-partition on encountering
the invalid record.

In this KIP proposed changes, you've mentioned to skip the corrupted record
while producing the RecordBatch,
Will you also handle the same case while consuming the records by providing
a callback to the consumer to
either skip or halt the processing? (This is a follow-up idea of KIP-334
which seems relevant to this one)