> This leads to lockexception in
>> consumer2 and consumer2 remains in livelock to create state directories for
>> those two partitons.

There is a fix for a `LockException` during rebalance in 0.11.0.1:

Maybe upgrading helps? Note, that you can upgrade Kafka Streams
independent of your brokers. Btw: I would recommend to upgrade to at
least to 0.11.0.3 what is the latest bug-fix release for 0.11.0; in
general, if there is a bug fix release, its recommended to upgrade.

Besides bug-fix release, I would recommend to upgrade to newer version
anyway (including broker if possible) as 0.11.0 is already 2 years old...

-Matthias