Just taking a look over the metrics again, I had one thought...

Stuff that happens in a background thread (like compaction metrics)
can't directly identify compactions as a bottleneck from Streams'
perspective. I.e., a DB might do a lot of compactions, but if those
compactions never delay a write or read, then they cannot be a
bottleneck.

Thus, the "stall" metric should be the starting point for bottleneck
identification, and then the flush/compaction metrics can be used to
secondarily identify what to do to relieve the bottleneck.

This doesn't affect the metrics you proposed, but I'd suggest saying
something to this effect in whatever documentation or descriptions we
provide.

Thanks,
-John