Hello,

I would like to resurrect discussion around KIP-221. Going through the
discussion thread, there’s seems to agreement around usefulness of this
feature.
Regarding the implementation, as far as I understood, the most optimal solution
for me seems the following:

1) Add two method overloads to KStream#through method (essentially making topic
name optional)
2) Enhance Produced class with numOfPartitions configuration field.

Those two changes will allow DSL users to control parallelism and trigger
re-partition without doing stateful operations.

I will update KIP with interface changes around KStream#through if this changes
sound sensible.

Kind regards,
Levani