Hi Jose,

One issue that I see here is that the number of log messages could be huge.
I've seen people create tens of thousands of consumer groups.  People can also
have settings that create pretty small log files.  A message per log file per
group could be quite a lot of messages.

A log message on the broker is also not that useful for detecting bad client
behavior.  People generally only look at the server logs after they become
aware that something is wrong through some other means.

Perhaps the clients should just monitor their lag?  There is a JMX metric for
this, which means it can be hooked into traditional metrics / reporting systems.

best,
Colin