From: Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
To: d...@camel.apache.org <d...@camel.apache.org>; d...@servicemix.apache.org
<d...@servicemix.apache.org>; dev@karaf.apache.org <dev@karaf.apache.org>
Sent: Fri Aug 13 03:17:30 2010
Subject: ServiceMix in Action

Hi,

I have been contacted by Manning to discuss the opportunity to write a book
about "ServiceMix in Action". Following the discussions that we have had
together, the general feeling is that a book is necessary Why :
1) Documentation on Apache Web Site is obsolete, not up to date,
2) ServiceMix4 gains more attention from architect, developers and Java
community in general,
3) This book can contribute to success of architecture designed around
modularity and including Enterprise features,
5) Publication of a ServiceMix book + Aries book (in discussion too) will be a
perfect match to present in more detail Servicemix, Karaf, high-availability,
management, security, deployment, design of solution with Camel/CXF, jbi,
blueprint, transaction ... Those two books will represent the bricks for the
architect in charge to design enterprise solutions for OSGI world !

Remark :
1) To avoid confusion with the books in preparation, I have proposed to change
the name of the book of Alexandre de Castro Alves
(http://www.manning.com/alves/) which is not at all oriented to "OSGI
Enterprise" and to review the scope for the incoming book "Aries in action"
which is from my point of view more oriented to solve Enterprise issues and
because Aries implements OSGI EE.
2) I plan to write the proposal in the coming next days/weeks (if I find time
between my missions !)

If people are interested to write with me the book, please let me know ? They
will help me to correct my bad/poor English ;-)

Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel - Karaf - ServiceMix Committer
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com |  Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard | Skype: cmoulliard