Hi Christian,

You can do this right now in trunk with a karaf-assembly project.

I don't see how it really helps in a closed environment, nor do I understand
how the proposed karaf-max will help.  In my experience when you have a closed
environment there's an approval process to get stuff into it.   Despite Mike's
first answer to me,  I still don't understand how packaging 150 bundles into an
assembly when you only need 100 will make that approval process easier.  I'd
also expect a closed environment to need to make most of the imported artifacts
available to the build system which AFAICT neither Mike nor your proposal
address.

And, I still don't have any problem with adding such a mega-assembly.  I don't
think it will help anyone in a closed environment but it does seem like it
might make all the possibilities easier to discover and play with.

thanks
david jencks