Hi,

I added a new module to Karaf. The purpose of this module is to provide
means for scheduling tasks through the osgi service registry.

The scheduler module registers a ServiceListener that listens for services
of the java.lang.Runnable interface that also have 2 service properties that
are required for scheduling:

a) org.apache.karaf.scheduler.task.id (A string identifier for the task that
is going to be scheduled).
b) org.apache.karaf.scheduler.task.period (A long number that indicates the
execution period in milliseconds).

Please note that all Runnable that don't have both properties will be
ignored. All other will be scheduled for execution via java Timer.

I also plan to add shell commands for listing, rescheduling
& canceling events. It might be a goog idea to also add properties for
supporting cron expression etc.

You can find the initial commit in the trunk.

wdyt?
--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*