Are you saying that the karaf pdf manual is intended to be generated by
non-commercial-licensed prince xml?  That is definitely still a licensed copy
of prince xml, and as I said, I don't think the license conditions would be ok
for distributing the result from apache.

I also don't think that running the build should require manually downloading a
commercial product.  If there's some way to make it ok to distribute the manual
can we at least make it so that you need to specify a profile to generate the
pdf?

thanks
david jencks