Hi Christian,

My only concern was for the people without a local repo (without maven installation and so no .m2/repository). But as it concerns only SNAPSHOT, it's clear that only people with Maven installed will use SNAPSHOT ;)

As Christian proposed, I second him:

1/ to apply what Christian proposed, especially consider the local repository not as a remote one 2/ to revert my changes on the karaf-maven-plugin: the maven-metadata-local.xml is no more required as the "master" local repository for SNAPSHOT will be the local one.

I'm gonna make a try.

Regards
JB

I just discussed with JB how a correct config for pax url could look
like. I think we found a very nice solution (See below).

Basically it uses the default local maven repo as a local repo and uses
the system dir a a remote repo.
- This means the system dir is now read only
- The local repo is the prefered repo to look stuff up

I think this is exactly what we need. JB was first a bit concerned about
the local repo being looked up before the system dir. I think this
should not be a big problem.
For released artifacts it should not matter and for snapshots looking in
the default local repo first is exactly what I need for my own development.

In fact dev:watch now works perfectly for me again. So I propose we
change the pax url config to these settings.

Christian

------
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.useFallbackRepositories=false
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultLocalRepoAsRemote=false
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories= \
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2@id=central, \
http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group@id=apache@snapshots@noreleases,
\