Well I am talking about an end user library which has utility methods
so people can use that in their Karaf commands / plugins.

The irony is that Karaf is all about modularity. So would it not be
possible to offer a neutral Karaf library that people can use on both
2.x and 3.0.

I assume the table and other util methods is mostly about string
manipulation and to make commands output nicely in Karaf. And thus its
not deeply tied to te Karaf container runtime version. So it ought to
run on both 2.x and 3.x.

--
Claus Ibsen