Just my 2 cents CAD...

I think that this effort may be leading to diminishing returns ..
there are many edge cases we may hit here, and i don't want to see
Karaf's console take minutes to become available. So here is my
alternative suggestion:

Allow Karaf console to come up as per start level as we've been doing
for a long time now, but include two new messages that will be printed
to the console screen:

1: Welcome to Karaf ${version}, bundles are still loading....
2: All bundles started, happy hacking!

The message content can be changed to suit our needs - the main thing
is that the console will be available to users right away.

Cheers,
Jamie