Yes, I'm pretty sure Blueprint doesn't replace the OSGi classloaders.
However OSGi classloaders support the concept of Bundle Revisions [1].
As long as existing bundles refer to classes from a Bundle, even if
that bundle is updated or uninstalled a Bundle Revision is kept around
for it until the last reference is gone.

Cheers,

David

[1]
http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r5/core/org/osgi/framework/wiring/BundleRevision.html